Confident Kids – Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
A parenting class will be held in conjunction
with our children’s program.
Next available session begins February 28 and runs through March 28, 2013.
Confident Kids is a support group program that helps children learn to identify and deal with the emotions they are experiencing. Three key elements that make this program successful are Life Skills, Small Group, and Concurrent Parents Group. The program is designed for school-age children. Small groups are formed within a two-year age span. Siblings are not generally put in the same group.
Confident Kids seeks to help children find God as a personal friend and source of strength. Each session includes carefully planned stories, Bible verses, games and activities that teach:
- God is a loving caregiver
- Jesus knew what it meant to suffer
- When we pray honestly about what we are feeling, God is there to help us
It is our hope that through Confident Kids your child will:
- Learn skills necessary to understand, talk about, and cope with life circumstances in a healthy and positive way
- Build self-esteem and a sense of trust through relationships with caring adults
- Learn to strengthen their relationship with God through scripture and prayer
- Have a family life that is stronger because the adults are taught parenting skills
The success of the program depends on the following elements:
- Life Skills – that are taught each week
- Small Group – one to five
- Concurrent Parents Group – it is mandatory that at least one parent attend our parent group
- Regular attendance is required. Confident Kids does not work on a hit-and-miss basis. (Children may not bring guests.)