(from the April 30, 2017 bulletin)
For information on any Children’s Ministry program, call Becky Howell x109.
- Nursery: (infant-2 yrs) available during both services.
- Sunday School: during both services, for kids 2 yrs through 6th grade.
- Little Wiggle Worms: a safe, fun place for the kids while moms have a morning out, Tuesdays, 8:30-11:30 a.m. in the Children’s Building. Please call Linda Romani for reservations (559-4601).
- Kids’ PM Group: (Cubbies, Sparks & KidsCore) Sunday nights from 4:00-5:30 in the Children’s Building.
- Parent-Baby Dedication: Mothers’ Day, May 14th, during morning services.
Youth Ministry information is available on the Student Ministries page of our website.
- Sunday School: (7th-12th Grades) today at 10:30 a.m., 7th-12th graders meet in the Upper Youth Portable for worship, fellowship and teaching.
- HS and JH Nights time change! For four Tuesdays in May, in connection with Christian Growth Workshops, HS and JH will meet as part of the workshops. This Tuesday, May 2nd, we will meet from 6 to 8 p.m., with pizza being served at 6 p.m. The following Tuesdays, we will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, please contact Pastor Logan (532-1381 x102 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
For information on any Adult Ministries event, call Nate Levering x107.
- Celebrating Moms: May 14th – a morning of worship and inspiration led by the women of Sierra BIble Church. Enjoy fellowship, food and the “Moms’ Day Photo Booth” after both services in The Commons.
- Ladies’ Afternoon Tea: a time to connect women together in an informal setting. Three separate days, May 8, 9 & 10 at 1 p.m. at Lori Jones’ home. Space is limited, so signups are required. Tuesday the 9th is full, but spots are still available on Monday and Wednesday. To sign up, please call Lori (533-2464).
- Faith In Action: Through monthly “Faith in Action” projects, we hope to expand involvement as we focus on a particular need across our streets or around the world. This month, we highlight our annual Quito Yard Sale fundraiser, which supports our partner ministries in Quito, Ecuador.
- Quito Yard Sale: Friday & Saturday, May 19th & 20th in the church office parking lot. This annual fundraiser helps support our partner ministries in Quito, Ecuador. Visit our website for more information on how you can be involved (www.sierrabible.com/missions/).
- Seasons: a ministry for adult women of all generations and spiritual maturity will meet on May 18th from 10-12 noon in the Worship Center. The event is free and will include brunch. For more information, please contact Tessa (743-1913).
- Christian Growth Workshops: classes designed to provide interactive learning environments, loving relationships, and the tools required to thrive in our lives and spiritual development, will run from May 2nd through May 23rd. Information and signups are available in The Commons this morning and online (www.sierrabible.com/christian-growth-workshops/).
- Ladies’ Retreat at Silver Spur: May 19-21, 2017 – a weekend of fellowship, laughter and spiritual growth. Join others from Sierra Bible at this year’s Women’s Retreat. Scheduled speaker is Cecile Kaiser. Cost: $160 (includes programming, food and lodging) $75 required at time of registration. Visit the table in The Commons after servicse for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery: weekly support for those with hurts, hang-ups and habits, Thursdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m. in the Upper Portable. Dinner is provided. Childcare available.
Food Pantry: A ministry of giving food to those in need.
- Drop a bag of ‘extra’ food off on Sunday in the Welcome Center or any time at the church office. Lists of current Pantry needs are available in the Welcome Center. Help us distribute God’s generosity and love to those in need in our community.
Community Partner Spotlight: Foothill Pregnancy Center is an organization that SBC supports monthly. They provide volunteers and finances to help men and women in crisis choose life. As a part of their mission, they hold an annual fundraiser, Baby Bottle Boomerang, which runs from Mothers’ Day to Fathers’ Day. They will have a table in The Commons on May 14th and 21st , so make sure to visit their table and pick up your baby bottle to fill and return!
Save the Dates
- Ladies’ Retreat at Silver Spur, May 19-21st
- Kids’ Day Camp, June 19-23rd
- For His Children 25th Anniversary Celebration, September 23rd
Giving and Stewardship
You are invited to be a part of supporting our purpose through generous and cheerful giving. Offering boxes are located at the exits. Giving by credit card can be made online, in the office during the week, and at the Welcome Center on Sundays.
Needed Weekly: $27,467 Needed YTD: $1,153,614
Received 4/23: $18,353 Received YTD: $1,,089,016
Today in The Commons
- Christian Growth Workshops signups
- Silver Spur Ladies’ Retreat info
- Welcome Center (sermon CDs, Bibles & info about SBC)
- Common Grounds Coffee — come and fellowship over a cup of coffee
Help us make sure we have your most recent email and contact information by filling out the Connection card in your bulletin.